Best Chimichurri Ever
What is this garlicky herb sauce good on? Just about anything you can get your hands on…seared meat, crusty loaf of bread (gluten free if you’re like me), roasted potatoes…you name it, and it probably tastes fantastic. I have seen adaptations where they add in 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro which I think would be divine as well-if you have it on hand, give it a try and comment below so I know how you liked it.
- 1 cup of olive oil (either EVOO or avocado oil – you don’t want the strong taste of an average oil here)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon of red crushed pepper
- Salt to taste (a lot – I started with 1 tablespoon and it was salty, but delicious!)
Combine all ingredients. Best if refrigerated for at least an hour before serving, to let the flavors meld. Keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. It’s that easy and oh so very delicious. Enjoy!
LIKE THIS POST? SIGN UP TO GET ALL OF MY RECIPES +
NUTRITION TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX -- IT'S FREE!